The following is a link to a new NACD post re SEC Leadership and Audit Committee priorities for 2013, Click Here For NACD Post.
Particularly noted, the following priorities:
– The quality of information presented to the board from management. I agree, and the board and its committees must also understand the issues and request pertinent information that they need.
– Cybersecurity and emerging technologies. I agree, this has become a board oversight area – audit committee, or risk committee, or the entire board.
– Oversight of big data. I agree, but again, not necessarily only an audit committee oversight area.
Board and Audit Committee annual self-evaluation forms – click, use, and pass along to other people who would be interested:
1. New Board of Directors Annual Self-Evaluation Form, Board Of Directors Annual Self Evaluation Form David Tate Esq 03142013
2. Slightly revised and updated Audit Committee Annual Self-Evaluation Form, Audit Committee Annual Self Evaluation Form David Tate Esq 031413
Dave Tate Esq. (San Francisco)